Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I feel the Earth, move, under my feet....

I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down .....

As many of you heard and probably felt today, we had quite the shake up in the DC area.  Its not every day that you are having a meeting with the Director of your office and you are screaming at him to get under the table.

The 5.8 earthquake made everyone in DC leave their buildings and mull around in the streets for a while trying to figure out what to do.  I was lucky enough to be able to get onto one of the metro trains that were in service and made it home, albeit at only 15 mph.  Hey, its better than walking.

I came home to find a very strange acting dog, a few things knocked over,  and a few crooked wall pictures.  Luckily, no one was hurt and I didn't personally have any damage.  Ill put some pics at the end of this post.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming ......

I picked up this really cute curved bench seat/ truck at Lucketts.  (I asked mi amiga what she would call it, and she said "a cutey patootey."  Lots of help she is).   When I purchased it, the owner of Lucketts told me that she had found it years ago, loved it, gave it a place in her home, and then had given it to her friend.  Her friend reupholstered the top, kept it at her home for a while, then sold it in her space at Lucketts.  Now, it is mine :)





My most absolute favorite part of this cutey patootey is the curves.  I love how the wood bends.  Its so unique!  She now has a home in Room #5.


And here is some of what I came home to today after the earthquake.  I am quite fortunate and grateful that there was no serious damage to my home and that my dog was ok (although he does seem a bit traumatized.  I can imagine the doggy therapist bill after this.....)






(disclaimer: I don't really take my dog to a doggie therapist.  Although he probably needs one).




This was shared with:

A Beach Cottage's Good Life Wednesday Linky Party
Southern Hospitality's End of August Thrifty Treasures

1 comment:

  1. My son is in Alexandria, he was in his 4th floor apartment and thought there was an explosion and his building was coming down. He said it absolutely never dawned on him that it was an earthquake. What a day for all of you! I love that bench!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete