Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bird Art for Less than $5 and 5 minutes

I am preparing for family visiting tomorrow, and I suddenly decided tonight that I just had to have a piece of interesting art on a small wall in my hallway.   I looked outside and saw some birds playing in my backyard, and was suddenly inspired to make this really quick and cheap piece of interesting art.













And here is the quick "how to": I got a shadowbox for $3.99 on sale at Michael's and an old Dictionary for $.50 at an estate sale.  I cut out the silhouette of a bird that I found online,  and used that as my stencil to cut out a bird from a page of the dictionary with "bird" definitions, such as "birdie" "bird bath" and "bird house."  I then placed a piece of velcro on the back of the bird and attached it to the fabric backing of the shadowbox.  I also put a small strip of the velcro on a twig, and put that under the bird.  Wah-la!  Quick, easy, cheap and interesting art!   I didn't even need the glue that is in the picture!


This was shared with:

Passionately Artistic's Linking Party
Saved By Love Creations' Thrifty Thursday
The Shabby Creek Cottage's Transformation Thursday
Hindrance's Linky Party
Finding Fabulous' Frugalicious Friday  (I love this name...)
Boogieboard Cottage's Masterpiece Monday
The Lettered Cottage's How To Linky Party

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! I would love you to join my linky party:

    http://hindrancecrafts.blogspot.com/2011/08/under-25-makeover-deck-details-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love bird decor and re purposed books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love cheap and easy. The only thing better is FREE! Great job!

    ReplyDelete